Thursday 21 October 2010

Angels and friendships

Hello lovely people out there in the world.

It warms the cockles of my heart to read your comments and to visit your blogs, thank you for stopping by. It is amazing what blogging does for one's inspiration and what new friendships of like minded people it creates.

This week I had the pleasure of having a cup of tea with the lovely Penny from Planet Penny in my home town whilst she was visiting her family who live locally. It was so good to and almost surreal to meet someone whom I have met through my blog, it made this cyberspace world REAL. Unfortunately we only had an hour or so to chat (most of which I think I monopolised !!! sorry Penny I have a problem with being garrulous!!!) and sit in the autumnal sunshine at my favourite art deco beauty of a building the De La Warr Pavilion which is a 10 minute walk away from my home.

Here is a photo of it's stunning stair case. Do visit the web site for more info about the De La Warr if you fancy.


I was very spoilt by Penny and was given these lovelies...


How beautiful they are in the early morning sunshine of my lounge. Thank you Penny xox Do go and visit her lovely blog for inspiration and joy (see link above).

I am also pleased to say that I have finished my scarf (as seen here) just in time for the super speeded into winter chills over the past couple of days and am pleased with all the warmth it's wrapping me up in ;0)


I love the way the yarn has manifested into an array of warm colours. I think I will be using more of this cheap and cheerful yarn.

Thank you for your comments about my tea cozy, one of my colleagues at work has asked me for one, so I am busy contemplating colours for her white with pink dots tea pot. I found this lovely yarn in my LYS on sale a while back and am itching to use it. It feels gorgeous and is 60% cotton and 40% merino wool.


Maybe I need to get Alice doing some crochet... I got so excited when I found and bought this lovely ladybird book for her in a charity shop a couple of weeks ago.

 I was going to put it in her "christmas collection" something I start at about this time of the year as I like to put thought into my pressies and I don't know about you but I need time for that!

Somehow, I think it might be given to her next week in half term holidays and maybe we can do some hooky together (hee hee).



Well it's time for me say cheerio and see you all soon. I will share a photo of my beautiful angel who resides in my lounge made by my even more beautiful friend in South Africa.
Have a great rest of the week xox


5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for your lovely comments, I love the little crochet book you found, my eldest has just started learning to crochet, she has done 3 small granny squares so far, it's nice to think that I will have somebody to go wool shopping with. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fab that you got to meet and have fun with Penny! thats so cool!
    Ooh, gotta, go, Raymond just got out of bed at 9.40 (what a life!) and will demand his breakfast xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scarf! The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Penny, Just arrived home and missing (obviously my family!) but also the sea, the town and the (chilly) sunshine. It was lovely to meet you too and really puts some reality into cyberspace! I was also amused when I was admiring the scarf and wondering about the yarn to find it was the same yarn I bought in your town - albeit in a different colourway - which is already being turned into a scarf! Great minds really do think alike! Have fun teaching Alice to crochet, Penny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf and tea cosy are lovely, just lovely! How wonderful to meet Penny, I don't suppose she had the charismatic Higgins with her, or you would probably have given him a mention, I know he's a little charmer! Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete