Thursday 9 December 2010

Hooorrrrrraaaay my favourite LYS is back :0) and a couple of little ta da's

Well, I can hardly contain myself with woolly excitement, my favourite LYS re-opened today after being closed for about 3 months after a massive leak from the flat above. I'm sure that those who do not appreciate yarn love might think I am a little strange to get my heart rate up over this, but I think those of you out in blog land who are "yarnphiles" (is there such a word?) will hopefully understand my joy.

I have mentioned it before, it's called Wa Wa Wools and can be found here and is owned by the lovely Fran.




It made me smile when everyone who was at the re-opening was feeling each other's woolly wears and equally ogling over the colour feast and new stock Fran has introduced.


Alice enjoyed sipping on some cloudy lemonade...


While I browsed! and came away with some of this heavenly Debbie Bliss tweedy Irish yarn ... oh the stuff that woolly dreams are made of...



I look forward to the knit and natter sessions in the new year.

I have been very busy of late, no surprises there at his time of year! After work I am busy making, sewing, knitting, crocheting etc. and in amongst this is our Church Christmas show this weekend which Alice is taking part in, so that will keep us very busy no doubt.

I recently joined my church's art and craft group that gathers monthly for a few hours of crafting/ painting/ sewing/ knitting /  embroidery and any other creative musings that people might have. It's a lovely designated "time out" evening each month that I really look forward to and this year I have contributed to our craft group's display in the gallery which displays all different people's work from canvases to watercolours, sculpture and photography etc. I felt a little shy doing this as I have no qualifications in the arts and most people's work is very professional but my friend's managed to coerce me!

We all took a small thick card block or two and used these to display our craft (what ever that might be) on. So my ta dah moment are my two little makes which are still not 100% finished yet but I need to hand them in tomorrow and thought I might not get another time (or sunlight) to photograph them. 

 
And


I need to get some PVA glue and stick them down and complete them tonight.

So thanks you for visiting ad sharing some of my musings, hope to catch up with all your blogs soon xox

6 comments:

  1. That lys looks absolutely wonderful! I would love to open something like that here. I also love your creations. They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shop, not very good for the bank account though I feel!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I'd just about survive without my LYS, we're so lucky to have one, so I completely understand your distress at your store being out of action for three months, must have been awful. Wonderful yarns she's got there, and your Debbie Bliss yarn looks fabulous. Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, what a lot has been going on since I last had time to visit! So glad the wool shop has reopened, Celia showed me where it was when I was last visiting and it looked like masses of work. And all that snow, we hardly had any here. Hope Alice is better now, love Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, your LYS looks far more fun than any around here! what a treasure trove! I think I'd be broke after 5 minutes in there!
    Happy spending!!!!! (and making!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next trip to your LYS?!....I am so coming with you!

    And your projects are delightful -- beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete