Monday 16 July 2012

Raspberry cardigan


I hope you have all had a lovely weekend, ours was rather busy but a happy one filled with friends, good food and a little wine.


We started off with Alice's end of the Year 6 Variety Show, followed by most of Saturday in Janie, Alice's art teacher's garden whilst she had an open studio day and sold loads of plants she had potted from her beautiful country garden for raising funds for an elephant rescue charity she supports in Thailand. I had to capture some of the natural beauty...










On Saturday evening I decided to use a window of free time to add the button to the little cardigan I knitted for my friends two year old daughter, Bethan as mentioned here.





This is the third time I have knitted this sweet cardigan and have loved knitting each and every stitch of it. I do hope Bethan likes the raspberry pink yarn and the little strawberry button.



Unfortunately, these are not great photos but two of the better photographs that I took given the most awful blustery, wet, grey day we have had. I took these at about 6pm when I got home determined to do a post about our weekend and to motivate me to wrap this cardy up and give it to Bethan this week.


Wishing you all a great week ahead....despite the what the weather brings. 
We are hoping to catch the Olympic flame passing through our sea side town tomorrow and in the meantime I'm getting on with my first ever granny stripe crochet blanket which I started on the weekend. The chill in the air is definitely making me want to cosy on up on the couch with my hook and yarn!
See you all very soon
xox



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend, hope you had some sun for some of it. What a pretty cardigan, I can see why you've made it more than once, loving the button. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardi is sooooo cute :D

    End of Year Six, it sounds so momentous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden pictures are lovely, what a nice event to go to....it's always nice to pick up plants in house sales, some of favourite flowers have come from other people's houses rather than garden centres.....they always have memories attached too, which reignite when they flower the next time.

    The cardi is very sweet and the button just right.....great pressie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cardie and such a cute button :)
    Celeste x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cardigan, she will love it. Loving too, the gorgeous coat hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such agorgeous cardi! I LoVe the colour!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely weekend! It's such a pretty cardy too, and I do love that granny stripe pattern :) Definitely the weather for snuggling up as you say.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete